Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dream Post #1-Storms, Circles, and Fast Food


Dream Post #1-November 8-9, 2013

After reading a fanfiction about a girl who kept track of all of her dreams and looked at their meanings, I became curious about whether our subconscious mind is trying to tell us something or not. :p As Erich Fromm said, "A dream is a microscope through which we look at the hidden occurrences in our soul."
I decided to start a series of posts about dreams. Is that how you say it? O.O Or is it "dream series posts"? Well, either way I hope you get the idea. T.T

I'll say my dream, post the meanings (from here http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/c3.htm) of the various things in it, and then I would try to interpret it using the order they appeared. Probably wouldn't be good at it though. O.O

First: my dream was kinda strange to be honest. I was in a circle of friends, though I had no idea why. It was incomplete though, because some people didn't want to join it. However, I was soon tugged away and put into my family's car. They began to drive away from familiar surroundings, and I was devastated because i wanted to return to my friends and not be driven to a place that I had no idea about. There was a huge stretch of sky with dark clouds, and my parents drove for what seemed like hours on a single road with no other cars.

Eventually, the car was parked and we entered a random stranger's house to sit and chat for awhile. When it was time to go, they gave us McDonalds to take with us on the long journey. I noted that the clouds had only gotten worse and that we should return home. However, my parents simply continued down at road. However, the sky had suddenly changed from dark, stormy clouds to thin, wispy white clouds.

Amazed by the sudden change, I decided to check the weather back at home to see what was going on. No weather reports showed up. Only static. I checked a weather report on the U.S, only to see that my home had been destroyed by a huge storm, and that there had been no contact with any survivors.

The white clouds around us suddenly turned dark once more, and the rain beat heavily on us.



This is kind of confusing me.  Um. X_X

Brief summary. So, my relationships are important. I need to work hard to overcome many obstacles to get to my goal. I'm depressed and angry and have a clouded way of thinking? I need to stop wasting my time and energy in fruitless pursuits. Or that I need to stop and enjoy life. I may have some repressed fears, memories, or emotions. I need to take care of myself. There's some inner peace in there somewhere. There's an overwhelming struggle/loss in my life, or there are rapid changes ahead?

(Well that summary wasn't brief at all.)

So, my relationships are important to me, but I need to concentrate on obstacles in the way of my goals. I'm indecisive, depressed, or angry, and I need to stop wasting my time for being such a way. Instead, I should enjoy life and not worry too much. I have many repressed memories, and I need to take care of my mental well-being. I want to search for inner peace, but the overwhelming struggle/loss makes it hard for it to happen. Or the rapid changes ahead makes it hard to do so.

Well, I hope that it was interpreted correctly? O.O Probably not though.

Oh well~

~Devi, dream seer-in-training


No comments:

Post a Comment